You are required to have access to a long code or a short code for receiving incoming messages from customers and sending responses to their messages. Please contact your Webex Connect account manager for number provisioning requests.
Once a number has been provisioned to your tenant, it is visible under 'Assets -> Numbers' screen.
Once a number has been provisioned to your Webex Connect tenant for supporting SMS as a channel for customer service, you would need to register it on Cisco Contact Center Enterprise (CCE) to complete the asset configuration process.
- Go to Assets -> Numbers.
- Select Phone Number from the Number Type.
- Select the required Phone Number which you want to register with Webex Engage.
- Click Manage.
- The Manage Phone Number page displays.
- Click Register to Webex Engage.
- Select the required service (Note: This should be the Webex Connect service that would be used for configuring SMS flows for Cisco Contact Center Enterprise integration and click Register. )
A message displays “Asset registered successfully”. This completes the asset registration for Cisco Contact Center Enterprise integration.
As shown above, you will see a Webex Engage icon and a PCI check enabled flag next to the number once it's been successfully mapped with Contact Center Enterprise.
Please note, the service mapping cannot be changed once done. Hence, the asset registration on Webex Engage should be done after the service to be used has been decided.
Do not release a number that you are using for providing customer support over SMS as a channel as it will cause disruptions to live services. Released numbers are delinked from your Webex Connect and cannot be restored.
Updated about 1 month ago