Webex Connect offers an intuitive drag and drop email composer to configure email templates. Webex Connect supports two types of email templates:
Full Templates - A single email template comprising all key email components including header, body, and footer.
Partial Templates - Multiple partial templates can be combined to form a complete template. This feature is useful when you want to configure multiple email templates with common elements. E.g., A logistics company may have a series of email templates to inform customers about the order status at various stages. Typically the header and footer of all these emails will be the same while the body content will vary for each email template. Partial templates feature can be used in such situations by configuring partial email templates for each of the email header, email body, and email footer. These parts can be combined at run time to create full emailers.
- Partial templates are reusable blocks that you can use across various emails.
- Any change made to a partial template applies to all the emails that use the partial template.
- Webex Connect allows you to Test partial email templates by clicking on the action dropdown for partial email templates under Tools -> Templates section. Once clicked, you will be able to select anywhere between two to ten partial email templates and test them in combination. Partials will be rendered in the order of selection.
To configure a new email template:
- Go to Tools > Templates.
- Click Add New Template.
- Enter a Name for the template. Only lower case letters and underscores are allowed in this field. Do not use spaces in the template name.
- Select the Channel as Email.
- Enter a Reference ID for the template. For example, Brand Marketing. This can be used to reference the template in Send Email node when using Dynamic Template selection option.
- Select the Template Type - Full Template or Partial Template.
- Enter a Subject for the template.
- Click Save.
The character limit for Email Subject Lines in a template is 998 characters.
Once you click on 'Save' you will be directed to the drag and drag email composer where you can configure your email template. The email composer can manage the variables used in the instance. The output of the composer will be provided as HTML to Webex Connect API to send an email to the recipient(s).
The Email Composer has the following sections:
This panel enables you to create, view, and save the template. It also allows users to preview the created email in Mobile and Desktop environments.
|Toggle the button to view the HTML code and the template (side by side)
|Allows you to preview the email template in mobile/desktop view
|Allows you to view the Email Composer help content.
|Allows you to download the responsive template in HTML file format.
|Allows you to save the template and exit the composer.
|Click to view layout palette elements (Email Building Blocks)
|Click to view style palette elements.
- On the Email Composer dashboard, click Add Layout +
- Click and drag an Element from the Layout Palette on the email canvas.
- Configure and set the anchor properties.
- Hover on the element to view the configuration settings
- Click on an anchor to view the Style Palette.
- To complete composing the email, click Save & Exit on the top right corner of the Email Composer.
The template is saved and the application returns to the Template page
- Point your mouse on the right margin of the anchor you want to delete.
- On the right margin of the anchor, click setting icon.
- Click Delete to delete the anchor
- Click Copy to create a duplicate anchor. The duplicate anchor is added to the bottom of the source anchor.
- Point your mouse on the right margin of the anchor you want to move.
- On the right margin of the anchor, click and hold Move icon
- Drag and place the anchor at the desired location.
You have successfully moved the anchor to a target location.
- Open the email composer.
- Click Add Layout. The Layout Palette is displayed.
- From the Layout menu, drag and drop the Footer element on the canvas.
A text block with default text with a unsubscribe hyperlink is displayed.
- Click on Unsubscribe text; the rich text toolbar is displayed.
- On the toolbar, click insert link icon to configure the Unsubscribe hyperlink.
- Enter the hyperlink details. and click OK.
You are done with unsubscribe link creation.
|Enter the URL of the hyperlink. This URL will open when a user clicks 'unsubscribe' in the email.
|Link display text
|This is the hyperlink text in the email.
|The text to display when the user hovers the mouse on the hyperlinked text.
The Layout Palette interface enables you to design a template by a simple drag and drop interaction. You can edit images and content with the help of an inbuilt editor. Following are the template elements and cards available in the layout:
|A preheader is the short summary text that follows the subject line when an email is viewed in the inbox.
|Allows you to add an introductory content.
|Allows you to add a space between two elements. Click the spacer element on the canvas to open the Style Palette.
|Allows you to place a clickable button.
Double-click the button element to configure the button.
|Button & Text
|Allows you to add a button (in the right) and a text box beside the button.
|Allows you to add a paragraph text.
|Allows you to create a conditional email based on the conditional criteria with the help of a conditional builder. Any number of conditions can be prepared based on the requirement.
|Allows you to add a table to the template.
|Allows you to add an image. The image is justified to the content on the template.
|Allows you to add an image. This image occupies the total width of the template.
|Image & Text (15:85)
|Allows you to add image and text. The image occupies 15% of the width and the text 85% of the width.
|Image & Text (30/70)
|Allows you to add image and text. The image occupies 30% of the width and the text 70% of the width.
|Image & Text (50/50)
|Allows you to add image and text. The image occupies 50% of the width and the text 50% of the width.
|Text & Image (50/50)
|Allows you to add text and image. The text occupies 50% of the width and the image 50% of the width.
|Image & Text
|Allows you to add an image and a caption to the image.
|Two Images & Text Group
|Allows you to add two images, a header, and text to each image.
|Three Images & Text Group
|Allows you to add three images, a header, and text to each image.
|Two Images Group
|Allows you to add two images side to side as a group.
|Three Images Group
|Allows you to add three image side to side as a group.
|Allows you to add text and image, configure link for social media sharing.
|Allow you to add a divider(horizontal space ) between two elements.
|Allows you to add footer to the email.
The Style Palette enables you to customize and format the elements blocks and cards used in the canvas area.
|Allows you to set the background color of the text.
Note: This option is displayed on selecting a text element.
|Allows you to set image style (i.e Height in pixels and width in percentage)
Note: This option is displayed on selecting an image element.
|Allows you to set the width, radius, and color of the selected text.
|Drag and drop to set the border with of the text box
|Drag and drop to set the radius of the text box
|Allows you to set the border color of the text box
|Allows you to set the border style. Choose a style from the dropdown.
|Padding & Margins
|Allows you to set the margin and paddings for the text.
|Drag to set at the text padding above the text.
|Drag to set at the text padding-right to the text.
|Drag to set at the text padding below the text.
|Drag to set at the text padding-left to the text.
|Drag to set the top margin of the element
|Drag to set the right margin of the element
|Drag to set the bottom margin of the element
|Drag to set the left margin of the element
In this mode, you can enhance or modify the HTML code that may have come from an external party. It helps the user customize the templates that cannot be done in graphical mode. All the edits in the source mode can be previewed, cleared, viewed, or saved.
Click the Toggle Switch to enable/disable the code window.
Updated 2 months ago